Stormy Weather

I have the best intentions, I really do.  I wake up early enough and I have my running shoes all ready.  The dog's leash is hanging on its hook, just waiting for me and the dog. 

But I don't fight with the weather.  When the sky is that weird color and the "severe thunderstorm warning" thing flashes on my computer screen, I believe lazy self-indulgence is my best option.  So I'm sitting in my living room, warm and dry (as is the dog), happily sipping tea and watching the storm through the window.

I've always loved thunderstorms.  They're exciting, dramatic, freaky.  Even after experiencing some serious storm damage, I still enjoy them, provided I'm inside and the roof isn't leaking.  And the power stays on.

So despite my good intentions I will probably not do a long walk today.  That's too bad;  I'm always inordinately proud of myself whenever I get a little exercise in.  I'll have to find some other way of inflating my self-esteem today.

The floor is open to suggestions.

Comments

Popular Posts